Is there some kind of "Getting Started" section? I've successfully logged in and created an instance and now have no idea what to do next

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 22.04

Product Name/Version: …what product? I’m trying to play Valheim?

Problem Description: I bought Amp and have logged in and successfully created a Valheim instance. I already have files for a existing server that I want to import, but I can’t find any indication of what I should do next. Is there no start-up guide?

If you're sharing console output, logs, or commands you have run, please make sure to use code tags 
(3x backticks for blocks, 1x backtick for a single line) to help make posts readable. This also
provides syntax highlighting.

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1
  • Step 2
  • Step 3

Actions taken to resolve so far:

You should be able to just use file manager and upload the parts that you need. Make sure everything in the configuration is the same as what you want.

That’s what I’m saying, I don’t know where to upload the files and I’m not sure what even get’s configured, much less what I want. That’s why I asked for a guide, is there no such guide for someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing?

Start by creating the Valheim server as normal:

Then you can just use the file manager to copy over any existing data you have :slight_smile:

I followed that video but it skips from the end of install to logging into Valheim. How do I know what IP address to use, what port forwarding is necessary, and how do I actually USE the file manager to do anything and where do I even put my .db and .fwl files?

Edit: Ok I figured out where to drop the .fwl and .db files. As far as I can tell it should be working, but when I manage the instance and use the connect to application button it doesn’t work. It asks for and accepts the password for the world and launches valheim, has me choose a character, then fails to connect. Any ideas?

Also, will others from outside my local network just be using my router’s public IP and the 2456/2457 ports to connect?

Try connecting directly from in-game. I forget which of the two ports is actually used in game (I think it’s 2456).

You’ll need to forward the port to your router, but otherwise yes other people connect using your external IP on the same port.

My router would not let me forward the port to my router itself, saying invalid IP. What should be the internal IP I’m forwarding it to, the computer I’m running amp from? I think I have port forwarding set up but it still won’t work, neither 2456 or 2457. It tries to, asks for password, then fails to connect. Same result trying to connect from within amp or directly from within game. Can’t find the game on the list of servers.

You forward from your router to the internal IP of the machine running the game server.