Imported Server not working correctly

OS Name/Version: Win11Pro

Product Name/Version: AMP/Decadeus v2.4.7 built 31/12/23

Problem Description: I created a new Minecraft instance in AMP following the guide in the AMP Knowledge base, then I imported an existing server that was originally on the AT Launcher app. This is a home server running on a dedicated machine using this app.
It’s not a cloud server hosted by anyone. This is a server with many mods, data packs, and resource packs. I simply made a .zip file and drug it into the new AMP instance. I updated the correct .jar file and port number in AMP and started the instance. Using a client comp I was able to join the server.

However once I am in the server world it doesn’t work right. My character can not move, and many of the blocks are missing too. I reloaded the server from the AT Launcher and everything works right, then went back to the AMP app and again the server world is not working right. I can’t think of any reason why it should not work correctly. I literally zipped the entire server from the folder within the AT Launcher instances. It should have everything, unless the AMP app works differently.

It seems like it is not installing all the mods, in fact a message came up in the client that said a certain mod was not installed. I am not sure how or why that would happen though. Or, missing the Minecraft resource pack data, but that is client side. Or, maybe something in my set up of the Instance is actually using the wrong version of Minecraft.

I am at a loss. Thank you for your time. I am not a professional, just a dad with a home server for the family and cousins.

Steps to reproduce:

• Start newly imported server in Minecraft instance.
  • Join server and see that it doesn’t load everything and the player can’t move

Actions taken to resolve so far: I mentioned above that I tested it in the old launcher and back again in the new AMP instance. I also deleted the instance and started over again from scratch, but it sill doesn’t work.

Make sure to only upload files using AMP’s built-in SFTP. Using the windows file explorer will mess up file permissions.

Thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested and I got the same result. Some mods are not installing, because many blocks are missing and the players can’t move. Any other suggestions for trouble shooting? Again, this works fine as a mod already, and I did nothing to change it, so I assume that somehow implementation AMP is the issue.

AMP shouldn’t be the issue, but the server could be having a fit due to a slightly different startup environment. Hard to tell sometimes given the variety of mod devs out there.
Mind shooting over the logs/latest.log to https://mclo.gs/ and sharing that here?
What mod loader, MC version, and modpack is it?

Here is the link

It’s a modpack I put together, but is mostly based on the Conquest Reforged mod. The MC version 1.19.2 and uses Fabric version 0.15.3. Like you said, I think it’s just the change in the startup environment, there is a mod somewhere that is not loading right when I put it on AMP. Thanks for your help. I travel for work sometimes, so I just got back to this, but I am home for the next 4 days. That’s why I am trying to get this running on AMP, so the kids can play it while I am gone, and it will start up whenever they try and access it, but close when they stop.

And the AMP specs
And the specs from AMP

OS Windows
Platform Windows 11 Pro
System Type x86_64
CPU Model 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i5-12600
CPU Layout 1S/6C/12T
Installed RAM 32509
Virtualization None
Module MinecraftModule
Module Application Minecraft
Loaded Plugins FileManagerPlugin, EmailSenderPlugin, WebRequestPlugin, LocalFileBackupPlugin, CommonCorePlugin
Application Name AMP
Application Version 2.4.8.0
Codename Decadeus
Tools Version 2.4.7
Release Stream Mainline
Build Spec Release
Build Date 25/01/2024 01:11
InstanceID 488d7293-4445-496a-8726-f5b9d184aad3
Last Executable C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17.0.1\bin\java.exe
Last Arguments -Xmx8000M -jar fabric-server-launch.jar nogui
Last Process ID 13848

You could try and see if your other setup was using an older Fabric Loader version. I’ve seen a few mods bork out after updating the loader, but it’s uncommon. (AMP uses the latest loader version by default).
Other than that, it looks like the whitelist.json might be corrupt or malformed, so a decent bet would be to remove that too (note down any usernames if you were using it)

It’s exactly the same server though. I have it in a folder on my server, and I just used the exact same files to create the instance on AMP. The first time I just drug and dropped the folder contents. The second time I used the FTP server. Both had the same results, with some of the mods not loading, I think.

Doesn’t AMP just use whatever I have in the folder? Does it try and make choose a loader on it’s own?

It should just default to the one you’ve uploaded, but I honestly can’t think of anything else.
Though tbh, this is the full MC server experience. Working fine in setup A, then craps out in setup B for seemingly no reason.

When you upload files by SFTP, what are you using? Are trying to use windows explorer to connect to it, or are you using a proper dedicated app like filezilla?

And, as ThePotatoKing stated, MC servers, especially modded ones, can be finicky. Your best option is to have AMP install the MC server with the proper mod loader version first (and ONLY the mod loader), let it fully boot up and then shut it down, then copy over your mods/resource packs/data packs/whitelist/etc. and delete the world folder so the map can properly generate with the needed ores/resources/etc.

Thanks for the reply. I was away for a work again. I tried both the AMP SFTP and to just drag and drop the server files over. Same result either way. Some mod doesn’t load correctly and the world is missing blocks. I think you are right that I should get an instance created with the mod loader first, and then add all the extra mods.

I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I can’t figure out how to create a Minecraft instance with the loader version first as you suggested. When I make an instance in AMP I don’t see where I have any option to choose the loader version. I am trying to import a Fabric server.

How do you choose the mod loader when you make an instance in AMP?

You make the MC instance first, then set the mod loader/version info under ConfigurationServer Settings after managing the MC instance

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.