Getting started: SampleAMPModule - Rust

Hi,

im on the way to build a own Module and have some troubles.

What i have done so far:

• I installed amp on my Windows 10 computer
C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\AMPInstance1-ADS
  • I activated my developer licence [1]:
ampinstmgr.exe -o
ampinstmgr.exe reactivate AMPInstance1-ADS [myDEVELOPERKEY]
  • I installed the CubeCoders AMP VisualStudio Plugin
  • I downloaded the Rust Example [2]
  • I opened the Example in VS2022
D:\Cloud\Projekte\AMP_CubeCoders\SampleAMPModule-master\RustModule.sln
C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\AMPInstance1-ADS\ModuleShare.dll

Then i changed various things in which im not sure:

xcopy "$(TargetPath)" "$(SolutionDir)C:\Program Files\CubeCoders Limited\AMP$(ConfigurationName)\Plugins\$(ProjectName)\" /Y

IF NOT EXIST "$(TargetDir)WebRoot\" GOTO NOWEB
xcopy "$(TargetDir)WebRoot\*.*" "$(SolutionDir)GSMyAdmin\bin\$(ConfigurationName)\Plugins\$(ProjectName)\WebRoot\" /Y /E
:NOWEB

I think something is wrong here.

• I selected the external program (The amp.exe) and I changed the Working directory, after that i added the Command Line Arguments [1]:

Start external program:

C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\AMPInstance1-ADS\AMP.exe

Working directory:

C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\AMPInstance1-ADS

Command line arguments:

+Core.AMP.LoadPlugins RustModule

Thats it so far from the Tutorial [1]

After that i had some missing References, those i added too:

C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\AMPInstance1-ADS\Plugins\RCONPlugin
C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\AMPInstance1-ADS\Plugins\steamcmdplugin

Now i have some unsolved Errors:

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error	CS0738	'RustApp' does not implement interface member 'IApplicationWrapper.Update()'. 'RustApp.Update()' cannot implement 'IApplicationWrapper.Update()' because it does not have the matching return type of 'RunningTask'.	RustModule	D:\Cloud\Projekte\AMP_CubeCoders\SampleAMPModule-master\RustApp.cs	19	Active
Error	CS1061	'Steamcmdhelper' does not contain a definition for 'UpdateAndInstallInBackground' and no accessible extension method 'UpdateAndInstallInBackground' accepting a first argument of type 'Steamcmdhelper' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	RustModule	D:\Cloud\Projekte\AMP_CubeCoders\SampleAMPModule-master\RustApp.cs	533	Active
Error		The command "xcopy "D:\Cloud\Projekte\AMP_CubeCoders\SampleAMPModule-master\bin\Debug\RustModule.dll" "D:\Cloud\Projekte\AMP_CubeCoders\SampleAMPModule-master\C:\Program Files\CubeCoders Limited\AMPDebug\Plugins\RustModule\" /Y

IF NOT EXIST "D:\Cloud\Projekte\AMP_CubeCoders\SampleAMPModule-master\bin\Debug\WebRoot\" GOTO NOWEB
xcopy "D:\Cloud\Projekte\AMP_CubeCoders\SampleAMPModule-master\bin\Debug\WebRoot\*.*" "D:\Cloud\Projekte\AMP_CubeCoders\SampleAMPModule-master\GSMyAdmin\bin\Debug\Plugins\RustModule\WebRoot\" /Y /E
:NOWEB" exited with code 4.	RustModule			

I think so they are related to the Build Path, i changed a lot there but it wasnt the right combination until now.
=> Could you help me getting run this ExampleModule?

Thank you in advance,

regards,

jkkopp

Sources:
[1] Getting started with AMP developer licences · CubeCoders/AMP Wiki · GitHub
[2] GitHub - CubeCoders/SampleAMPModule: Source code for the Rust module for AMP for use as a reference for module developers.

I think Mike upgraded the plugin to VS2022 but forgot to update the sample / didn’t have time. @Mike can you confirm the sample is up to date?

What type of game/module are you trying to make? We generally recommend users to use the new Online Configuration tool for Generic Module. Check out https://config.getamp.sh

It’s not - the sample from GitHub definitely needs updating. Although it is something of an exercise for the reader to fill in some of the gaps :wink: The IDE is telling you where the problems are.

1 Like

Hi,

@Shinynecrid

I am going to build my own Ark module, cause the existing one does not meet my requirements.
I thought about the generic Module too, but i didn’t see the possibility to manage this damn bad and evil ark server good with that.

@Mike

Sadly i don’t understand the Message of the IDE what its trying to tell me very well. I have not much experience with Visual Studio and C#, so i hoped you help me getting this thing started. In addition i hoped i could help other people like me with this post too. Thats why i created such picture rich post due to lacking easy documentation.
But if you say its such easy to solve, ill invest some more time to fix it…

regards,

jkkopp