FiveM Server Won't Start via AMP - Running run.sh Directly in the Container Succeeds

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 22.04

Product Name/Version: AMP Release “Decadeus” v2.4.4, built 17/05/2023 17:54

Problem Description: FiveM Server Won’t Start When Launched Via AMP

I get this in the console:

Started map fivem-map-skater

Started resource fivem-map-skater

server thread hitch warning: timer interval of 297 milliseconds

[yarn] yarn install v1.22.5

fff

cccc ff xx xx rr rr eee

cc ffff xx rrr r ee e

cc ff xx … rr eeeee

ccccc ff xx xx … rr eeeee

Authenticated with cfx.re Nucleus: https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1 - Install FiveM Server
  • Step 2 - Start FiveM Server
  • Step 3 - FiveM Server Loops Starting Server Forever

Actions taken to resolve so far:

Retried updates. Deleted and recreated container.

ssh’d into ubuntu host. ran:

docker exec -it {container name} /bin/bash
/AMP/fivem/server-bin/./run.sh

Running run.sh interactively in the container starts the server successfully and starts the web server which allows you to configure the server:

I hoped trying to launch it after it was set up it would launch on it’s own, but trying to start the app via AMP control panel still results in start loop. It would appear however AMP is trying to start the server is failing. This clearly indicates it is not a FiveM problem, but a problem with AMP’s invocation of the server. I am able to get AMP to report the server running by restarting the integration server here:

How does AMP invoke the server?

I found via ps aux in the server, there may be a double slash coming from somewhere:

amp         3502 11.6  0.3 5051080 109716 ?      SLl  22:08   0:02 /AMP/fivem/server-bin/alpine/opt/cfx-server/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1 --library-path /AMP/fivem/alpine/usr/lib/v8:**//**AMP/fivem/server-bin/alpine/lib/:/AMP/fivem/server-bin/alpine/usr/lib/ /AMP/fivem/server-bin/alpine/opt/cfx-server/FXServer +set citizen_dir /AMP/fivem/server-bin/alpine/opt/cfx-server/citizen/ +exec /AMP/fivem/server-data/admin.cfg +exec /AMP/fivem/server-data/server.cfg +set gamename gta5

I think this may be what is causing the infinite loop using AMP.

You are indeed correct, that extra / shouldn’t be there. Not sure how that managed to pass the tests prior to release but there we go.

I’ve fixed that in the development build, the new 2.4.5 release should be coming out this week if all goes well testing the new deployment system.

1 Like

Thanks @Mike ! You are always super helpful.

I’ve seen tons of related posts, I think it all comes back to this same issue. Glad I could assist figuring it out!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.