Failed To Set Thread Priority Error While Updating Ark Server

OS Name/Version: Linux Debian 11 (bullseye)

Product Name/Version: AMP 2.4.1.2 (ARK Server 345.19)

Problem Description: When trying to change the map on my ARK server, I realized that it needed to update. Especially because it doesn’t show up in the servers in game. When updating, it of course asks to log into steam, then outputs this into the log:

Redirecting stderr to '/home/amp/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
 [----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1669935972
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK
force_install_dir 376030
Logging in user 'username' to Steam Public...Warning: failed to set thread priority: set failed for 8: -1: setpriority() failed
Warning: failed to set thread priority: set failed for priority 8
Warning: support for elevated priorities is most likely unavailable, suppressing future warnings
CHIDDeviceListSDL(): Couldn't load libSDL2-2.0.so.0, not enumerating devices

Steps to reproduce:

• Stop ARK Server
  • Update in Console Tab

Actions taken to resolve so far: I’ve updated AMP, the instance, and restarted both multiple times. I did install an SDL library from other solutions from the internet I could find, but I think it was for a 32 bit machine, while mine is 64. I’m not very experienced with Linux, so I don’t know what options I have for trying to fix it.

There is a current issue with steamcmd on linux authenticated logins (either steamcmd itself, and/or how AMP interacts with it). Seems more of an issue with Debian 11 (which is used in AMP’s Docker containers).

But you actually don’t need to login for ARK. The server can be downloaded anonymously, which bypasses the issue.

I remember reading a bit about this issue. Would I need to set up the server differently? And if so how would I do that? As far as I remember I set it up just using AMP, but I could be wrong. AMP does ask me for the log in for Steam to try to update it.

If you stop the instance (not just the server) entirely, does it still prompt for login after a restart?
If so, try anonymous as both username and password.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.