Factorio Server SFTP problems

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 22.04.1

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’)
Factorio 1.1.80 - AMP 2.4.3.6
Problem Description:

I cannot seem to upload files to my Factorio server. The web interface works, but it it very slow. When I try to connect using SFTP in WinSCP, I just get the message “waiting for Host” until it times out.

If you're sharing console output, logs, or commands you have run, please make sure to use code tags 
(3x backticks for blocks, 1x backtick for a single line) to help make posts readable. This also
provides syntax highlighting.

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1 - Create a new Factorio instance
  • Step 2 - Start the application
  • Step 3 - Try to upload files via WinSCP

Actions taken to resolve so far: I have tried several different addresses and usernames. I have also checked the AMP config.

Have you verified that the port being used for SFTP is open in the systems firewall?

It seems to be? I am on Oracle Cloud’s infrastructure. How would I do this? Is it through the VCN >> Subnet >> Ingress rules?

Can you connect via localhost on the same system?

What do you mean by “The same system”? It is a remote instance that is running in the cloud somewhere. If you mean “on my computer”, I am not sure how to connect to the instance other than through the Panel or PuTTY. I can gain access on PuTTY and su to “amp”, but I can’t seem to log in as “amp” or my username on WinSCP.

Update 5/15/23:

Fixed the issue! Now I am having another issue: I can log into the server, but it says that I have to sync my modpack as there are no mods on the server. However, I have uploaded the mods, the mods config json, and my modded world. What is going on with that, and how do I fix it?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.