Exit code 32 (NO_LICENCE)

OS Name/Version: Windows 10 Server 2016

Product Name/Version: 2.3.2.8

Problem Description: I am not able to start my instance suddenly. I restarted my 1U server and now the instance is refusing to start properly. Error code- exit code 32 (NO_LICENCE)
Not sure why suddenly I am getting a no license code.

If you're sharing console output, logs, or commands you have run, please make sure to use code tags 
(3x backticks for blocks, 1x backtick for a single line) to help make posts readable. This also
provides syntax highlighting.

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1 - Googled
  • Step 2 - Searched forums
  • Step 3 - Tried tracking it down myself no success.

Actions taken to resolve so far: Same steps as reproducing.

you need to reactivate your instances. in Command Prompt/Powershell run “ampinstmgr reactivateall”

THANK YOU! Works perfectly now. Strange how that suddenly happened when I just created the instance yesterday.

:+1: You’re Welcome! unsure but, that’s how to do it if it happens again

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Windows Server 2019

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’) v2.3.4 built 16/6/22

Problem Description:
i keep getting this error msg
Instance BinChixken has stopped.
ADS logged stopped instance BinChixken - exit code 32 (NO_LICENCE)

If you're sharing console output, logs, or commands you have run, please make sure to use code tags 
(3x backticks for blocks, 1x backtick for a single line) to help make posts readable. This also
provides syntax highlighting.

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1 i just started server and OS updates and each time i get msg above
  • Step 2
  • Step 3

Actions taken to resolve so far: ampinstmgr reactivate ( instance name ) then enter my key again workes until next server restart ( getts annoying )

Does your server have either a wireless network adapter installed, or VPN software present?

no mate , i dont havea wirless network adapter and VPN installed on server

Find the windows service for AMP in the services control panel and set its startup type to be delayed.

thanks i just gave that ago and restarted the server and it started up all instances with no worries :smiley: but now i tried to make a new instance and got

also i think i’m over my Licence key usage

If you only have the 3+1 instances then you’re fine. It will even out. If you’re past that then you’ll need to buy a new license. I’d recommend the Network Standard.

so so even after change the service to started delayed i still get ADS logged stopped instance BinChixken - exit code 32 (NO_LICENCE) every time i restart the server i have even upgraded my license to Network standard

Instance BinChixken has stopped.

ADS logged stopped instance BinChixken - exit code 32 (NO_LICENCE)

Reactivating instance BinChixken...

09:56:41

Waiting for AMP instance to start...

AMP instance BinChixken is now running.

09:56:42

Instance CeilingCat has stopped.

ADS logged stopped instance CeilingCat - exit code 32 (NO_LICENCE)

Reactivating instance CeilingCat...

09:56:48

AMP instance CeilingCat is now running.

09:56:54

AMP instance Icey-7D2D is now running.

09:57:00

AMP instance Ark-Icey is now running.

:admin

09:57:01

Error handling request:[POST:/API/ADSModule/GetInstances] - [InvalidOperationException]: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare() at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext() at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeList(JsonWriter writer, IEnumerable values, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeList(JsonWriter writer, IEnumerable values, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObjectInternal(Object value, Type type, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer) at GSMyAdmin.ExtensionMethods.SerializeToJSON(Object source) at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.APIService.HandleRequest(IHttpRequest request) at m.Http.Handlers.Handler.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<From>b__0(IHttpRequest req) at m.Http.Routing.RateLimitedEndpoint.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Wrap>b__0(IHttpRequest request) at m.Http.Router.<HandleRequest>d__25.MoveNext()

09:57:02

Instance Icey-7D2D has stopped.

ADS logged stopped instance Icey-7D2D - exit code 32 (NO_LICENCE)

Reactivating instance Icey-7D2D...

09:57:08

AMP instance Icey-7D2D is now running.```

Normally na instance is inactivated due to the hardware ID changing. Do you have a wireless card or VPN in the system?