Error message when installing /tmp noexec?

OS Name/Version:Ubuntu 22.04.1

Product Name/Version: AMP unknown (can’t even run install!)

Problem Description:
When running the install on Ubuntu as root, get the below error. However, /tmp is not a mount, it is a folder under root, and has execute permissions. It also has the sticky bit sit.

Directory looks like this from ls
`drwxrwxrwt  17 root root 4.0K Oct 21 14:23 tmp/

I have previously installed AMP on this same hardware, but had since performed a clean ubuntu install, of same version. Not sure what could have changed.

Edit 15:20
nvm, figured it out for myself. There is a bug in the installation script! Should I report that somewhere?

I have other tmpfs filesystems that have /tmp in the path name, but are elsewhere than /tmp. These are marked noexec, and are tripping the script's check.

That’s a new one. Could you show me the output of the following please?

mount | grep -icE '^tmpfs.+?\/tmp.+?noexec.+$'
mount | grep -icE '^tmpfs\s+\/tmp\s+.+?noexec.+$'

The first line is the original check, the second line is a modified one that only checks /tmp specifically and not other directories that happen to have /tmp in the name.

$ mount | grep -icE '^tmpfs.+?\/tmp.+?noexec.+$'
$ mount | grep -icE '^tmpfs\s+\/tmp\s+.+?noexec.+$'

Looks better.

1 Like

Next GetAMP update will have this change in :+1:

Right, next problem…got an instance setup, it won’t start Console is showing this-

Console

Error: LinkageError occurred while loading main class net.minecraft.bundler.Main

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/minecraft/bundler/Main has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 61.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 55.0

You need a newer version of Java installed/selected - most likely 17 or newer. If that already appears selected then switch back/forth between different versions in AMP.

Also, please keep to a single issue per thread in the future. It makes it harder for other people to search for issues :slight_smile: