Docker does not save the AMP data

OS Name/Version: Debian 11

Product Name/Version: AMP

Problem Description:

AMP does not store the configurations after setup.

Steps to reproduce:

• Setup the Docker Image
  • Access the Webpanel
  • Setup everything via the AMP

Actions taken to resolve so far:

• Reinstall
  • Copy paste of already existing configs (modifying it)

If you want to use Docker with AMP, you need to let AMP use its own docker configuration where AMP manages the docker containers itself. This will isolate the instances by putting each instance in its own container.

Running AMPs core itself inside docker isn’t really supported because you can’t open new ports in a docker container without restarting the entire container - so you’d have to know ahead of time what ports etc you wanted to use. If you want to try it anyway, you need to make sure that the container has a static MAC address that doesn’t change between restarts.

Well aware of it.
I did set a static MAC and opened every port I had free and wanted to allow.

When you say “Setup the docker image” can you elaborate on that? There is no official or supported docker image for running AMP standalone. There’s an unofficial third party one available but we don’t offer support for it.

I used a third party one and after not beeing able to run that one I tried to run it myself with a self made one.

You need to elaborate further. How are you trying to run it? What is the host system that you’re trying to run it on?

I am using Debian 11 and created a Dockerfile for the application and created a docker-compose file to then run them and manage them via portainer.

I sadly have deleted the Dockerfile and Docker-compose file since I couldn’t get it working and decided do try another software.

If you’re using Debian 11, please use the normal install script and let AMP manage the docker containers. There’s no reason to do otherwise.

I do not want to do that, since I am hiding the server itself behind a cloudflare tunnel.
And since I am using the cloudflare tunnel with a docker network I would like to use the AMP Core in a docker to connect it with the tunnel to use it via Cloudflares Zero Trust App protection.

There’s no need to use Docker to do this, there’s nothing stopping you using Cloudflare to hide AMP with a normal installation.

If you really want to use a docker container to handle zero trust, set up a container that acts as an nginx reverse proxy, and have that proxy AMPs backend with AMPs normal backend firewalled out.

But you should start by getting AMP running normally, then mess around with extra layers on top of it.

I am well aware that I can install the normal cloudflare tunnel software on the Host device, but I do not wish to do it. Since I am running more “critical” stuff on the host maschine and would like to activily keep everything away from the host maschine which does not need to be there.

I decided to refund it since It seems I cant get it working and neither am I interested in investing alot more time into it, but I had to open a support ticket to even be allowed? Since (somehow) the Docker container I created activated the key? But wasn’t setuped.

AMP isn’t refundable, especially if you didn’t follow the official installation instructions (Especially since you can see how AMP is installed before purchasing). We’re not required to offer refunds for virtual goods once they have been delivered. Refunds are only permitted when you have followed all of the official documentation/guidance as well as any actions we recommend and despite our suggestions being followed there is some issue with AMP.

If you’re concerned about running critical stuff on the same system, you should run a separate VM entirely. What you’re doing is overly complex and unnecessary (since again, AMPs own official docker support keeps everything adequately isolated)

The support ticket is required to look at what the issue is and to make sure you have been properly advised on our recommended course of action. Our recommended course of action is “Follow the official installation instructions” - if you’re not willing to do that then we’re unable to help you.

Me realising that I do not want to use the software or even own it since it does not fit my use case.
And asking for permission for a refund since my key got activated without me being able to use it and me not noticing it, since I got told it has been activated by the support per email when I requested a refund and there by not allowing me to refund it since “I already activated the key” is rather weird.

The only thing I would like is a refund, since I do not want to use the software, it does not fit my use case. I sadly noticed it after trying everything with the docker. And as far as I have been told by the support I am allowed to get a refund as long as I have not used the key. And since I couldn’t use it and it got activated out of my control without me noticing or being able to use it, I just would like to get the refund.

Did you get so far as reaching the web interface and running the setup? If so then the software would have been activated which is why the billing side would refuse a refund.

Digital goods are exempt from distance selling regulations, so as soon as the software is ‘delivered’ (installed) then the cooling off period is terminated. There’s nothing stopping you from using AMP if you do so by following the correct instructions.

I got as far as accessing the Setup Page and as said the setup couldn’t be run it did not finish the setup and couldn’t do anything. I waited about 10-15 minutes and then started to kill it since I didn’t think it would work. After booting it up again I had to redo the setup. And this happend for about 5 to 6 times and then I decided to not try anymore.

Well please try again and actually provide us with the log output and relevant messages so we can look at the issue.

Well as said I removed everything, since I couldn’t be bothered to work on it anymore.
As far as I can remember there was nothing in the logs. Nothing. They where empty.

What I’d suggest then is hopping on the Discord so someone can work through it with you and take a look. But again, you should use the official instructions. If you don’t want AMP alongside anything else, put it in a virtual machine. If you want to do something custom, that’s all on you.

When you run into problems, ask for help early - don’t waste your time trying fruitlessly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.