(Debian) Unable to manage core instance from 8080

OS Name/Version: Debian 10

Product Name/Version: v2.0.9

License: AMP Professional

—————————————————————————

I CAN’T remotely connect to my core instance manager using, i.e. 169.254.100.100:8080

I CAN remotely connect remotely to my core instance using, i.e. 169.254.100.100:10013

Originally I believed this was an issue with AMP since non-core instances worked fine, e.g. :8082. However, further experimenting showed that it could be a system issue as the program listens on port :10013 and others.

‘ampinstmgr ShowInstancePorts’ shows 8080 is listening, but a ‘netstat -a’ displays no state for 8080. There are no iptable rules (my only firewall) preventing port 8080 from being used, and I even deleted all rules as a last ditch effort. All ports are forwarded correctly to the server and I have not installed any new software. AMP service port ranges are 8081:8180, though I believe this applies to newly created instances through the interface?

This issue seemed to happen after I shut things down for a couple months and booted back up.

Any advice is greatly appreciate. I will follow up with any additional information/logs as requested :+1:

P.S., can AMP rebuild it’s iptable rules through the instance manager? I have a backup rule list that I made prior to AMP so AMP rules are missing

Seems like you have a network configuration issue. 169.254.x.x is a link-local address that is configured as a fallback if DHCP fails. It shouldn’t be used in your AMP setup

Sorry, I used that address in the example because it’s reserved with no worry of doxing a random person. Just imagine a public host address

Try running the following:

ampinstmgr stopall
ampinstmgr repairauth standalone http://localhost:8080/
ampinstmgr start ADS01

Hi,

It seems ampinstmgr repairauth standalone http://localhost:8080/ is an unknown command as it brings up the help section whenever trying to execute.

What’s the output of ampinstmgr version ?

[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.0.9 built 04/01/2021 22:05
[Info] Release spec: Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV

You’re using a horribly outdated version of AMP. Update AMP first before trying to do anything.

Can’t argue with that. It took a while since I decided to update a few other packages while I was at it. Either upgrading or executing repairauth seems to have fixed the issue, and AMP is listening on 8080 again. Much better.

Thanks Mike