Customization with Minecraft - Server Isn't Detecting Mods

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 11 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.6.6 (Mainline)
Virtualization QEMU_KVM
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container No
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

I tried to download a modpack for my minecraft server. I installed the server files for the modpack and unzipped them into the mods folder I created in the files manager. Server was able to run but I was unable to join the server since an error message displayed that the server didn’t have any of the mods. Even though I can see the mods in the mod folder. help please

Reproduction Steps

• created
  • created a mods folder
  • put the servers files for the modpack in the mods folder
  • made sure the forge version is correct for the corresponding modpack
  • server was able to run
  • unable to join server since the server didn’t have the mods installed

Hi Kevin,

Sounds like you’ve taken the right steps so far in setting up your mods!

Your issue might be related to the location where you placed the server files. They should be in the root directory of your Minecraft server, not in a mods folder. The mods folder is generally used for individual mods and not modpack server files.

To confirm the exact file structure, could you please provide the list of files and directories you currently see in your root Minecraft directory, as well as in the mods folder?

For better clarity on this, you can type the command ‘ls’ in the root folder of your Minecraft server via SSH and repeat the same for the mods folder. You can copy the output of these commands and share it in your reply.

Also, let’s check if the mods have been successfully loaded by AMP. Head over to the “Console” section in your AMP panel and look for any lines that indicate that the mods have been loaded.

Thanks for your cooperation!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.