Customization with Minecraft - Modpack not working

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 11 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.6.6 (Mainline)
Virtualization QEMU_KVM
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container No
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

I have installed a modpack for forge and put it into tghe mods directory but when i start the server and join its not working. am i doing something wrong? could someone help me?

Reproduction Steps

• shut down server
  • open mods directory
  • download modpack
  • put modpack into mods directory while server is off
  • start server
  • join
  • no modpack loaded

You need to tell AMP what mod loader and version to use (while leaving the Jar as “Autoselect”), otherwise it’ll just default to vanilla.

i did that but its still vanillia

Make sure to press Download/Update too.
Full list of troubleshooting steps here:

i put in the correct forge version and stuff and pressed download and update and then put the mod packs in and strated the server but still no mod installed

Make sure the modpack is installed correctly and that you use the web file manager or SFTP to upload the modpack

i did all those/ could you possibly tell me all the steps i need to do from the start?

• Create a MC instance
  • Import the modpack data
  • Set the server type and version, then hit Download/Update
  • Leave Jar as Autoselect
  • Make sure the server is using the right Java runtime under Java and Memory
  • Start the server and cross your fingers

do i need to create a directory called mods?

Yeah, that’s how both Forge/Fabric do it

ok ill try what u said hopefuly it works

Oh wait, you don’t put the entire modpack in the mods directory
(didn’t notice that detail until now)

When uploading the modpack, you upload all it’s data into the main server folder

whats the main server folder called? i dont see a folder called main server

If you’re using the web file manager or AMP’s built-in SFTP, you’re already inside the server folder

yea im inside the file manager and then i create a directory called mods and i put the modpack into that

That’s where the mods go, not the modpack itself. The rest of the modpack’s files/configs just go in that main directory

the only things i see inside the modpacks folder is manifest, modlist (which is a microsofty edge list) and overrides

Yeah, that won’t work outside of the CurseForge launcher because they’re dinks.
You need to download the server pack from the modpack’s file downloads, then if they don’t have one, try uploading the client mods and take out any client-side only mods.

i just downloaded it from the file downloads and the folder has the same files inside of it.