Customization with Minecraft - AMP launches vanilla Minecraft instead of modded FTB environment

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization None
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container No
Current State Sleeping

Problem Description

Issue

When attempting to utilize the latest version of the Feed The Beast (FTB) modpack through the AMP server management software developed by Cubecoders, a bug has been encountered. Specifically, when initiating the modpack through AMP, instead of utilizing the expected Forge .jar file, the server starts in vanilla Minecraft mode.

This issue suggests a potential anomaly within the configuration or functionality of the AMP server management software, leading it to bypass the Forge modded environment and default to vanilla Minecraft.

Reproduction Steps

• Initially, I installed the Minecraft instance on the AMP server management software.
  • Next, I navigated to the server settings within AMP and selected the “Feed the Beast (New)” option. This step involved choosing the specific modpack version to be installed and run on the server.
  • Afterwards, I initiated the update for the chosen FTB modpack. Then, I waited for the update to finish, enabling the download and installation of modpack files.
  • Upon completion of the update, I launched the server in AMP. However, it started in vanilla Minecraft instead of the expected modded environment.

Set the server type to Forge and then set the forge version to the version used by the modpack.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.