||Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 11 on x86_64
||AMP ‘Decadeus’ v188.8.131.52 (Mainline)
|Running in Container
I’m having problems with changing the minecraft version to 1.20.1.
- I have installed the server files of ATM 9 in the minecraft folder of my instance
- I put my world in there too
- I put the 1.20.1 server.jar file in there too
- I changed the server configs to forge and the version for 47.1.3
- I tried to start and I got an error saying it’s unable to open my server
- I didn’t change anything in versions folder
Make sure to leave the Jar as
Autoselect and hit
But this won’t make my minecraft update the version to 1.20.2?
As long as the
Server Type is set to
Forge and the
Forge Version is set to
Server Settings, it will start properly.
The Jar needs to be set to
Autoselect and the Forge version needs to be filled out properly for AMP to start the server. (due to the Forge changes after 1.17)
Okay, now i could create ans start the server prorperly but when I’m trying to join the world it appears timed out
That is common with large modpacks, not a fault of AMP.
You should be able to try re-joining a few times to see if that gets things working, otherwise add the following Java argument to both the client and the server:
Sorry, but I’m not sure where exactly to put this argument in both.
In AMP just under
Java and Memory →
Additional java options
Then for the client you just google it, as each client does it differently.