Connectivity Problem with Minecraft - Server starts, minecraft wont show the server

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.8.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization None
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container No
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

On AMP the server starts and runs correctly (from what i can tell) I got to my minecraft instance and enter ip and port and it just gives me “Cant connect to server” I am just trying to host the server locally for my family no need for outside access

Reproduction Steps

• Start server on AMP
  • Server starts gives local IP
  • I put the IP in the server address
  • It just says cant connect to server

Just a general sanity check, you’re using the local IP and the port is open in the firewall?

Yes i am, good first question lol

Anything in the server’s log, connection attempts or anything?
And just an additional sanity check, you’re connected to the same router, not some split network or separate VLAN? (seen that a bit, where the ISP comes in and “upgrades” everything by just plugging more stuff in rather than replacing it properly)

Im not noticing anything out of the ordinary in the logs showing failed connection attempts. Yeah its on the same network, only thing is my Minecrfat is running on my windows desktop, and the hosting app is on a debian 12 PC running unraid, but as far as i know that shouldnt be causing issues

Is AMP running in an Unraid VM? If so make sure the VM’s network settings are set to “Bridged”.
Otherwise double check that the MC port is open in the firewall.
If you’re using AMP inside the Unraid docker app, that configuration isn’t officially supported due to funky networking issues like these.

Its docker app, this makes sense now I will go attempt to set it up on a VM. so is it wise to just go install from my debian or create a vm? I’m very new to this so just wondering what my best option would be

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.