Connectivity Problem with Minecraft Bedrock - Connection issues with game server

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Ubuntu 24.04.5 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Proteus’ v2.8.0.8 (Mainline)
Virtualization QEMU_KVM
Application Minecraft Bedrock
Module GenericModule
Running in Container No
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

Trying to make a game server for my grandkids but it is not working. What, do I have to type a certain number of words before this thing will make a ticket?

Reproduction Steps

  • Restarted the gameserver instance
  • Verified the client computer can reach the server itself
  • Made sure everything was updated and the clients are running the same compatible version of the game
  • Tried recreating the server instance, verifying each step as I did it.

What does “it is not working” mean? What error message do you get when trying to connect? Screenshots and logs would be helpful. The relatively new version of AMP (which I see you are on) has an option to toggle the network configuration in Minecraft to the new “nethernet”. Have you tried that yet?

Not working is simply that the clients cannot connect to it. The only error messages are the clients saying the are unable to connect (except my son’s PC which connects fine). The server does say Nethernet is “Waiting” while IPv4 is “Listening”. Event log on AMP only shows when I log on and not really anything else.