Configuration with Palworld - Some of the server settings aren't taking

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.8.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Palworld
Module GenericModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

I am trying to change some setting and they aren’t taking and applying to the server.

Reproduction Steps

• I have went through all the settings and all the config files to try and set a server password and it doesn’t work
  • I have went through all the settings and all the config files to try and set a server password and it doesn’t work. For example server password and base worker max
  • read console

Same here, have the exact setup except I´m not using Docker.

For example the max amount of pals in base camp stays at 15 but is set to 20 in configuration.

Did you make the changes while the server was running or while it was stopped?

I had these settings set from the get go

Are you changing the settings in the config files themselves, or from the AMP configuration interface?

It’s been my experience that if the setting is available through the AMP GUI (like password and many others), changing it in the config file will not work.

I’ve successfully changed other settings via the config file that AREN’T available in AMP.

Good luck!

I have tried both. I just want to set an admin password.

In the AMP Palworld configuration, did you go into Security & Privacy and turn on “Allow User-defined Passwords”?

It seems this is a palworld problem, some settings are ignored on dedicated servers. You need to change them in another file:
https://palworldoptions.com/

That might be hard coded in right now, lots of the INI is a placeholder for the time being.

Server has to be stopped before any changes to the INI or will be written over upon shutdown.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.