Configuration with Minecraft - UNABLE TO DISABLE ONLINE MODE

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Ubuntu 20.04.6 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.6.4 (Mainline)
Virtualization None
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container No
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

I need online mode enable on my server in order to use bungeecord.

Here is a quote from the bungeecord github :
“Security warning
As your Minecraft servers have to run without authentication (online-mode=false) for BungeeCord to work, this poses a new security risk. Users may connect to your servers directly, under any username they wish to use. The kick “If you wish to use IP forwarding, please enable it in your BungeeCord config as well!” does not protect your Spigot servers.”

However, the option in the amp configuration panel is no longer available, and I cannot immport the setting from server.properties (The following lines could not be imported:…)

Please help me, I need this server to be working.

Reproduction Steps

• none
  • try to find the option for one hour
  • rollback many times the docker image
  • find the option just disappeard

Online mode is on by default. Your question doesn’t make much sense.

Edit: I see your deleted post about allowing pirated users to join. Won’t help you with that.

Online mode is disablable in the server.properties.
There used to be the option in the amp server options, but it is not here anymore.
Online mode is on by default, but you may have to change it, this is why the option is present in properties.

I need it to use bungeecord AND i payed my license to use amp, why won’t you let me use the minecraft server options AS INTENDED BY MICROSOFT ?

There has never been an option in AMP to toggle online mode directly. If you’re using a proxy then once you set it up in AMP the setting will be turned off if needed.

The hub server will automatically disable online mode ?

I swear to god the option used to be available

EDIT : I really love amp and pay much respect to your work, but I don’t understand whgy I cant use the option as it is available in the minecraft server by microsoft

Nope, has never existed. If you’re using Bungee cord then once you’ve turned off Standalone Mode in the configuration it’ll adjust any needed settings.

Your old post is still visible, AMP does not support piracy.
AMP follows the Minecraft EULA (before you argue this, actually go read the EULA, Microsoft states that you must buy the game).

Edit: those other messages loaded, but the explanation still stands
Edit 2: To get support with AMP your Bungeecord proxy must be online, in case that needed clarification for some reason

Every bungeecord tutorial that I can fing says to disable it, but I’ll give it a try.

The option really did exist.

I’m the developer, It has never existed. Same applies to it’s predecessor. You’ve got a Mandela effect going on here.

In this case, I apologize, I understand that you don’t support piracy, I just want to say that I used to play with my friends who have non official launchers, and I could allow them to join. Maybe I managed to change the option through server properties, I don’t know…

In either case it’s not something we will assist with.