Configuration with Minecraft - The server is dying

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.7.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Minecraft
Module MinecraftModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

Sometimes there is a problem that the server turns off by itself, while the world is not saved (it looks more like it is being killed). Errors are not displayed in the logs or console, and there are no crash reports either. What could be the reason? I use vds hosting 8gb ram, 150 nvme, 4 cpu core risen 7950x. Ubuntu 22 operating system, I use purpur 1.20.1 and java 17 on the server (without arguments)

Reproduction Steps

• The server has started
  • It’s been working for a while
  • Turns off by itself

maybe try to check and make sure it doesnt have sleep mode turned on in the config settings…??

I’ve already checked, it’s turned off

Check the instance logs by right clicking and hitting “View Logs” to see things from AMP’s perspective. Might be more info there

My guess is that ubuntu stops the java process due to lack of RAM. That is, the system itself kills the java process, which is why such an error occurs. But yesterday I noticed another joke that with more than 5 people online, the server’s traffic police drops significantly, while the processor remains at 6-12% load, but the RAM is clogged. In general, how can all this be fixed?

You can clear up the ram usage with scheduled restarts, the CPU part can’t be fixed due to MC being mostly singlethreaded

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.