Conditional Triggers and Multiple Backup Branches? (Minecraft)

OS Name/Version: Debian 11

Product Name/Version: 2.3.2

Problem Description:
Hey all,

Is there a way to have a conditional trigger for Minecraft scheduled tasks? I’m looking to have the server create a backup every X minutes (probably every 30 or 60), but ONLY when users are signed in. This is a fairly inactive personal server, so every 20 minutes all the time would be a bit much (like, we may have one or more people in the server a couple of days per week). I saw a thread on the old forum from quite some time back about conditional triggers being implemented in the “next version,” but I’m not seeing them (and this was the predecessor of AMP the post was referring to).

Also, is there any more advanced backup replacement options? For example, two branches of backups - Only keep the last 20 frequent backups, and keep the last 10 weekly backups, for example. The only options I can find so far are pretty basic.

Thank you

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1: Try to create a backup schedule.

Actions taken to resolve so far: Looked through settings for a while.

Not at this time, but conditions are a planned feature for the future.

Thanks. Is there a rough timeline of when this is planned to be added?

It is set to a low priority

1 Like

Revisiting this - the feature request has been closed, but I am unable to find where this feature is. The person that closed it claimed it had been implemented in 2.3 (a version older than I’d been running when I posted this), but regardless, I updated to 2.4.0.10, and don’t see it. I assume they misconstrued the feature request as something else? Or do conditional triggers actually exist?

I assume that the feature is likely as shown in the screenshot here, but I have no idea how to use it as I cannot find any documentation anywhere as go what values it accepts.

The values it accepts are listed there in the ‘available variables’ which are determined by the trigger. Time based triggers don’t have any values other than the time.

So one of the problems I am running into with running mods on a Project Zomboid server is that the mods update daily, which means a server restart. Is there a way I can check to see if a mod needs updating on the server and request the server to restart? I thought it would be under an update is available via SteamCMD.

No, so you’d have to just schedule the restart daily regardless. The ‘Update is available’ trigger only applies to the game server itself, not any mods/addons.

I see, thank you, that would be something I would love to be able to do lol.