CentOS 9 Install

OS Name/Version:

Operating System: CentOS Stream 9
CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:centos:centos:9
Kernel: Linux 5.14.0-168.el9.x86_64
Architecture: x86-64

Problem Description:
Receiving error during use of the one-line install

The following is from the created logfile which I submitted through the app.

Adoptium                                        326  B/s |  80  B     00:00
Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'Adoptium':
  - Status code: 404 for https://packages.adoptium.net/artifactory/rpm/centos/9/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml (IP: 52.39.227.220)
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'Adoptium': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried

Now, when I perform any other package operations using yum the same error keeps coming up.

for example

yum update
Adoptium                                                                                                                      303  B/s |  80  B     00:00
Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'Adoptium':
  - Status code: 404 for https://packages.adoptium.net/artifactory/rpm/centos/9/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml (IP: 44.240.59.148)
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'Adoptium': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried

Steps to reproduce:

• Visit CubeCoders Limited

• select CentOS, Fedora, Rocky, Red Hat Platform

• Exexute:
    sudo su -l
    bash <(wget -qO- getamp.sh)

• Follow prompted instructions

Installation Summary:

AMP System user:                Already exists
Instance Manager:               To be installed
HTTPS setup:                    Yes, via nginx with domain amp.ternsystems.ca
Install Java:                   Yes
Install 32-bit libraries:       Yes
Install Docker:                 No

Ready to install AMP. Press ENTER to continue or CTRL+C to cancel.
  • Press enter

Installing AMP...
amp already exists. Skipping...
Updating System...
Installing prerequisites...
Adding AdoptOpenJDK RPM repository...
Installing Java for Minecraft...
Installing 32-bit dependencies for srcds...
Installing nginx and certbot...
chmod: cannot access '/usr/local/bin/certbot-auto': No such file or directory
Updating SELinux rules (httpd relay)...
Checking settings... Domain --------- resolves correctly to ###.###.###.###.
Adding CubeCoders RPM repository...
Installing instance manager...
 - Installing via package manager...
Failed to install instance manager. Aborting...
Possible causes for this are an unsupported distribution, or the repository being in the middle of a sync. In which case wait 30 minutes and try again, re-running the same installation command.

Something went wrong during the installation. Would you like to upload your setup log for easy sharing?
This will upload /root/getamp-20221216-114013.log to the hastebin service and give you a URL you can share.

The log file may contain sensitive information such as username, any supplied domain names or your systems hostname
so if in doubt - check the file manually and upload it yourself.

Actions taken to resolve so far:
Searched all over the web to try and find an answer

In doing some more digging of the information displayed in the install progress

Installing AMP...
amp already exists. Skipping...
Updating System...
Installing prerequisites...
Adding AdoptOpenJDK RPM repository...

It appears that AdoptOpenJDK could be the problem?

Installation | AdoptOpenJDK - Open source, prebuilt OpenJDK binaries

AdoptOpenJDK is no longer supported and it is recommended that all users move to Eclipse Temurin

I think you may be right. I went out to that link and sure enough it fails. I noticed on the download link here that it says it moved. You might be able to get around it by installing it manually from https://adoptopenjdk.net/ before trying to install amp.

I am currently using Rocky 8 and it installed there without issue a few months back.

As a note, CentOS is a terrible option for hosting game servers. Not due to AMP itself, but game server support on that OS is lacking. Your best off with a Debian based distro.

Thanks for the feedback, I tried following the installation from the AdoptOpen link you provided and even their internal posted links are broken. I think someone made the decision to go live with the change over/ merger before the actual work was complete.

AdoptOpenJDK just got renamed to Adoptium/Temurin. The actual issue is their repo doesn’t have packages for CentOS 9. As a general rule though the official advice is that we recommend not using CentOS at all and to prefer Debian-esque distros where possible.

Thanks Mike,
I am now looking for an appropriate Debian distro.

Debian is the one most tested against. I personally use (and recommend) Ubuntu since it’s slightly easier to get going. Either are great choices though.