Cant start CS:GO or Rust Server - Forever stuck in Starting

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 22.04.3

Product Name/Version: AMP Prof - Version 2.4.4.0

Problem Description:

Lately, after upgrading to 2.4.4.0 I’ve had issues with starting up new instances.
At least for CS:GO and Rust. (This is based on that I had a Rust server before in an earlier version where it worked just fine)

Instances are created fine, and updated - All have been configured etc etc.

But when starting them they are just stuck forever.

I even left CS:GO overnight but still stuck in starting. No output in the console about why.

The RUST server has been stuck in starting for a couple of hours as I know it might take a while the first time starting a rust server but no luck there either.

Steps to reproduce:

• Install CS:GO & Rust instances
  • Configure basics, like name, PW and simply stuff like that.
  • Just stuck from here.

Actions taken to resolve so far:

Enabled logs by editing AMPConfig.conf Monitoring.LogLevel to 0 as stated in: Diagnosing AMP/Application startup issues to see if anything is listed there.

Checked logs for instances - Nothing useful / not much at all.

-Tried to restart AMP - No changes

• Tried to restart the Ubuntu server itself - No changes.
  • Turned off all other instances to check if it was due to a lack of resources - No change.
    I can see that the RUST server uses 3.16 of 5.78 GB ram and 1% CPU.
  • Tried in docker and non-docker.

Side note: Sometimes after the RUST server has been standing for a while I can “Kill/stop” it and then it suddenly enter “Running” state. But seem like a bug to me as the server is still not responding even after waiting further.

Diagnostics AMP:

OS Linux
Platform Ubuntu 22.04.3
System Type x86_64
CPU Model Common KVM processor
CPU Layout 1S/2C/2T
Installed RAM 5922
Virtualization QEMU_KVM
Module ADSModule
Loaded Plugins FileManagerPlugin, EmailSenderPlugin, WebRequestPlugin, LocalFileBackupPlugin, CommonCorePlugin
Application Name AMP
Application Version 2.4.4.0
Release Stream Release
Build Date 17/05/2023 17:54
InstanceID a6152bde-4fe9-47d1-8ba6-97f8424175d6
Last Executable /usr/bin/docker
Last Arguments ps --format {{.Names}}
Last Process ID 490697

Diagnostics: CS:GO

OS Linux
Platform Debian GNU/Linux 11
System Type x86_64
CPU Layout 1S/2C/2T
Installed RAM 2048
Virtualization Docker
Module srcdsModule
Loaded Plugins FileManagerPlugin, EmailSenderPlugin, WebRequestPlugin, LocalFileBackupPlugin, CommonCorePlugin
Application Name AMP
Release Stream Release
InstanceID 89d7be25-f18f-45dd-8ace-b7022c1e3c44
Last Executable /usr/bin/ldd
Last Arguments –version
Last Process ID 54

Diagnostics RUST:

S Linux
Platform Ubuntu 22.04.3
System Type x86_64
CPU Layout 1S/2C/2T
Installed RAM 5922
Virtualization QEMU_KVM
Module RustModule
Application Name AMP
Release Stream Release
InstanceID 9913d92e-7a16-4755-808b-6609913a7e2f
Last Executable ./rust/258550/RustDedicated
Last Arguments -batchmode -nographics +rcon.password ********** +server.port 28015 +server.queryport 28016 +rcon.port 5678 +app.port 28082 +server.ip 0.0.0.0 +server.seed 2354 +server.tickrate 30 +server.hostname Rust server +server.level Procedural Map +server.description My server +server.maxplayers 20 +antihack.enabled True +server.worldsize 4000 +server.saveinterval 4000 +server.pve False
Last Process ID 488858

2.4.4.0 is an old version and you’re out of date. You need to update the instance manager and other OS-level tools first.

When I watch Support and Updates it states on AMP frontpage:

"Horray! AMP is up-to-date.

Currently running version 2.4.4"

AMPs release system was changed after 2.4.4.0 - you can’t upgrade beyond 2.4.4.0 without updating your system tools. You shouldn’t need to do anything other than apt update and apt upgrade.

I updated the Ubuntu server last week I think. But Ill try to upgrade my Ubuntu server and let know you the results.
Thank you for the quick responses so far.

If you updated Ubuntu Server then your 3rd party repositories would have been disabled, so you’ll need to re-enable the CubeCoders repo to keep getting updates.

I do hit the cubecoders repo as far as i can see.

Get:3 https://repo.cubecoders.com debian/ ampinstmgr 2.4.6.4 [29.4 MB] (Rest just ubuntu)

Everything on Ubuntu seems updated:
0 updates can be applied immediately
And rebooted.

Feel like I am missing something as I do not see any possible upgrades directly in AMP and still running 2.4.4.

Would it be possible to paste the needed commanders in here? Also for future reference if similar problem comes for other people?

You’ll need to update via the command line because of the changes:

ampinstmgr upgradeall as the amp user.

Upgraded using the provided command.
Seems all went fine and AMP is now running version 2.4.6.4 - 20230907.1

All other instances than CS:GO and Rust could be upgraded also afterwards.
I had to delete and re-create CS:GO and RUST to even be able to manage/upgrade them.

The RUST instance is now working fine. (Except RAM usage is listed as 8.79 / 5.78 GB. Using 3 GB more than it should for some reason)

The CS:GO instance is now “Unable to run” without any further information.

Log:
[11:12:21] [API:admin Activity] : Starting the application.
[11:12:21] [Logger:admin Warning] : Server failed to start 10/5 times…
[11:12:21] [Logger:admin Warning] : Server failed to start 5 times, not restarting.
[11:12:23] [API:admin Activity] : Starting the application.
[11:12:24] [Logger:admin Warning] : Server failed to start 11/5 times…
[11:12:24] [Logger:admin Warning] : Server failed to start 5 times, not restarting.

Settings:

Tried changing settings a bit with gamemodes and so on, but no changes.

Find bin/libgcc_s.so.1 in your instances data under the srcds directory and rename it to libgcc_s.so.1.old - the server should then start as normal.

That worked like a charm. The server started right up
Thank you.

Quick question about the CS:GO server however.

I seem to be unable to locate which file the settings from Source Servers settings writes to.
Any chance you kan enlighten me on that part?

Currently looking in instance file manager /740/csgo/cfg.

Seems to load .cfg of the gamemode but also some other cfg based on console output and how the PW to the server is set.

It doesn’t, AMP uses command line flags to configure srcds severs. See the support tab after hitting start.

Is it possible to change the command line flags somehow else than by configuring through " Source Server Settings"?

I am having an issue with getting the RCON password to even work.

Had to setup https which was a bit annoying without a domain and not choosing to use it only internally. But it works.

However, everything I generate an RCON password it just says “Bad password”. Tried generating, rebooting, and set it manually by autoexec.cfg but no luck.

Make sure you stop the server before generating the password in AMP. Then when you start the server again, it’ll use the password it just generated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.