Can't manage docker instances if they've been running for a while

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu Server 23.10

Product Name/Version: AMP v2.4.6.6

Problem Description:

1. I’m having an issue with my game instances that are in docker containers. When I first startup AMP, I can start them and manage them just fine. However, if the server has been up and running for a while, I’m unable to get back into the “Manage” page or even stop the instance. I get the error “The specified instance is not running”. It obviously is running because the game server is still going and I’m able to connect to it. The only way I’ve found to be able to get back into the management panel is by forcibly stopping AMP and restarting it.

This doesn’t happen with my game instances that aren’t in a docker.

The only error I see in the console:

Slow method invocation: ManageInstance took 5011ms to complete.
Slow response: ADSModule.ManageInstance took 5012ms to complete.

Steps to reproduce:

• Start up AMP, start up any instance with docker
  • Wait a while (few hours usually does it)
  • None of the buttons to manage the the instance work. Stop, start, manage, all do nothing.

Actions taken to resolve so far:

When accessing the server via shell, I am able to manually kill the docker container. That will stop the server, but it will still show as “Running” in AMP.

If I force AMP to restart, I am able to start up the instances again and can momentarily manage them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.