Can't connect via public ip to source game servers

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.6.6 (Mainline)
Virtualization QEMU_KVM
Application Source Dedicated Server
Module srcdsModule
Running in Container No
Current State Ready

Problem Description

Issue

I may be configuring it wrong, but I cannot get any source servers (Csgo, Gmod, L4d2) to be available to the outside world when using “MyIp:Port”…

“MyLocalIp:Port” works fine. I know the ports are forwarded correctly, because my Barotrauma server runs correctly. I’m assuming it’s something specific that the source servers require that I’m not doing.

Reproduction Steps

• Create source server instance
  • Update it
  • Set Server IP Address to 192.168.0.29 (My VM’s local ip) in “Source Server Settings”
  • Run server
  • Can connect via local ip but not public ip

It is worth noting that ports spanning 27015-27025 have been forwarded “Tcp/Udp” on my router to 192.168.0.29. The server is running on port 27017.

Update: When connected via a VPN, I can join the server. I only have issues when my main PC is on the same public IP.

If this is the case, then it’s good because that means other people can access my server fine. However, I’d like to be able to get a workaround or fix for my case as it’s not great being unable to access the server via the normal public IP.

Thank you for the detailed information, vK 3 1 RON. Let’s troubleshoot this step by step:

1. Could you please confirm that the server is correctly listening on the desired port (27017) using the command netstat -tuln on your VM system? It should show a line with the local IP (192.168.0.29) and the port (27017).
  2. Verify that the necessary firewall rules are in place for port 27017 on your VM and your router.
  3. Test the server accessibility using another device on the same home network to see if it can connect using the public IP.

Please update me after you have performed these steps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.