Can' reactivate / "xyz is not a valid licence key"

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS / running as a VM within Proxmox

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’): AMP Instance Manager v2.3.4.4

Problem Description:

1. Migrating the VM from ESXi to Proxmox changed the MAC address and maybe other settings. So AMP is wanting me to reactivate the instances.

2. I copied the licence key using the GUI under Configuration / New Instance Defaults, no effect.

3. When trying to run
    ampinstmgr reactivateall
    I receive an error message (“not a valid licence key”)

4. I requested the key again from https://manage.cubecoders.com/ to make sure it is correct, no effect (licence key in code snippet below replaced with dummy data):

ampinstmgr reactivateall
[Info] AMP Instance Manager v2.3.4.4 built 26/07/2022 20:09
[Info] Release spec: Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
Please enter value for Licence Key
>12345678-1234-1234-1234-1234567890AB

[Error] 12345678-1234-1234-1234-1234567890AB is not a valid licence key.

Do you own more than one license key?

Not that I know… I went through my emails and only found one license (key I get sent when I request the key again)

Make sure you’re not accidentally including any extra characters/spaces before/after. AMP licence keys are exactly 36 characters including the dashes.

1 Like

Wow, that was strange! I just typed the licence in (instead of copy pasta from email into the ssh session) and it worked.
The weird thing is: I made sure that copy & paste does not add any extra characters by pasting the copied key into different applications before I posted here.

Anyway: That was a quick fix, thanks :wink: