Binding (docker) instances to specific CPU cores

Hi there!

I’m currently exploring AMP and I bought the Network License version to migrate my gameservers from Pterodactyl to AMP very soon. I really love AMP so far and i managed to get it perfectly up and running along with a DDOS protected GRE tunnel etc etc.

The only thing i can’t find is how i can bind a (docker) instance to a specific or multiple CPU cores. I searched the forum and i found one post which could not bring me in the right direction.

My goal is to create a gameserver (Rust in example) and bind it to CPU core 1 and 2 and the other Rust server to CPU core 3 and 4.

I’m running all my 5 dedicated servers on Ubuntu Server 22.04 and every instance is via docker.

I hope someone can help me in the right direction :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Xenne

You don’t bind to specific CPU cores, you allocate a number of CPU shares to each container by going into their settings. So long as you don’t allocate more CPU shares in total than you have cores then they won’t cause CPU starvation among instances.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.