Avorion - Instead of Cyrillic -?

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Debian GNU/Linux 12 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Callisto’ v2.5.0.8 (Mainline)
Virtualization Docker
Application Avorion
Module GenericModule
Running in Container Yes
Current State Ready

Task

Cyrillic characters in messages

Problem Description

Issue

I have a Controller and a Target set up on CentOS 9, both systems have the locale set to ru_UA.UTF-8.

• If I create a task in the scheduler to send a message with Cyrillic characters to Discord on the Controller, the message arrives as intended.
  • If I create a task in the scheduler to send a message with Cyrillic characters to Discord on the Target, the message arrives as intended.
  • If I deploy an instance with any game, for example Avorion, inside this instance, a scheduled task to send a message with Cyrillic characters to Discord/server sends “???”

I observed that inside the Docker container, the locale is set to en_US.UTF-8, and I tried to change it using the following commands:
locale-gen ru_UA.UTF-8
export LANG=ru_UA.UTF-8
export LC_ALL=ru_UA.UTF-8
The locale changed until the container was restarted, but when sending messages in Cyrillic, I still received “???”

I checked with other games. In all Docker containers, it is impossible to work with Cyrillic characters.

Reproduction Steps

• deploy any (avorion) game instance
  • create a task in the scheduler to send a message with Cyrillic characters to Discord or to the server
  • receive ??? instead of Cyrillic characters in Discord or on the server