Athentication issues causing issues with permissions and new instances

OS Name/Version: Windows 10

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’) v2.4.3.6

Problem Description:
Guys, I’m having tons of issues lately. Basically, NEW permissions are not working at all. If I assign someone superadmin they don’t have any perms. If I assign someone helper which should have basic access to each server, they have nothing. People that have had permissions for a while have it just fine just cant add new people and I can’t add new servers to the permissions. We did find out that if we create a new user we can assign permissions that work but once you leave the page you can no longer edit their permissions. My next issue is when I create a new instance, I can’t connect to it because the “Authentication Server” ip is incorrect after moving the machines to a new location where the local ip changed from 10.0.0.7 to 192.168.1.76. The solution is to manually update this in the file. The IP is correct on both the controller and the remote when I go to the panel and then the new instance defaults but it does not actually use this IP when the new instance is created. If I could have either of these solved the most important is the permissions but the other one is a bit tedious too.

My thoughts is it all comes down to the panel move so I think there are more things that don’t have the correct IP to authenticate as the console shows a lot of errors about authentication.

Authentication token for AMP_SYSTEM requested by UpdateRemoteInstancesList on behalf of MystifiedSky
12:11:21
Failure parsing API response
HttpRequestException
[0] (HttpRequestException) : An error occurred while sending the request.
at AMPAPI.RemoteInstance.<GetResponseDynamic>()
WebException
[1] (WebException) : Unable to connect to the remote server
at Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context) at Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
SocketException
[2] (SocketException) : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.0.0.107:8080
at Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
HttpRequestException
at AMPAPI.RemoteInstance.<GetResponseDynamic>() at AMPAPI.RemoteInstance.API_Core.<Login>() at InstanceManagerPlugin.RemoteInstanceManager.<Login>()
WebException
at Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context) at Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
SocketException
[2] (SocketException) : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.0.0.107:8080
at Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
Failed to update 2nd Dedi - Could not connect to the remote instance at http://10.0.0.107:8080/. An error occurred while sending the request.
12:12:00
Authentication token for AMP_SYSTEM requested by UpdateRemoteInstancesList on behalf of MystifiedSky
12:12:21
HttpRequestException
WebException
SocketException
HttpRequestException
at AMPAPI.RemoteInstance.<GetResponseDynamic>() at AMPAPI.RemoteInstance.API_Core.<Login>() at InstanceManagerPlugin.RemoteInstanceManager.<Login>()
WebException
SocketException
Failed to update 2nd Dedi - Could not connect to the remote instance at http://10.0.0.107:8080/. An error occurred while sending the request.
12:13:00
12:13:21
HttpRequestException
WebException
SocketException
HttpRequestException
WebException
SocketException
12:14:00
Authentication token for AMP_SYSTEM requested by UpdateRemoteInstancesList on behalf of INTERNAL
12:14:21
HttpRequestException
WebException
SocketException
HttpRequestException
WebException
SocketException

Actions taken to resolve so far:

I did the basic steps that I was told in order to update the authentication of each of the instances but I’m unsure what it was exactly.

I’m hoping there is a command or even just leading me to each of the files to manually update the ip that is used to check permission authentication and such.

Where are you setting up your users? At the ADS level or the instance level?

Both do not work I could try setting a role at the ADS level and also try adding perms for a server to a role and doesn’t work. This only happened after the move from when we had the original local ip 10.0.0 standard and now we have the 192.168.1 standard. I did run the auth command originally but I’m not sure it actually updates everything. Plus might be a issue on the remote node too (the none hybrid that connects to the hybrid.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.