ARK instance not registering server start

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Windows Server 2019

Product Name/Version: AMP 2.3.4.3

Problem Description: After updating to version 348.2 today, multiple servers have been stalling in an “Application State: Starting” state, while the server is live and fully playable. Out of 13 servers, 11 currently within AMP show that they are still “starting” while being connectable. After confirming that the game is showing as live and playable - the AMPLog on a broken server states:

Success! App '376030' fully installed.
[15:08:00] [System:let Activity]  : Starting the application.
[15:30:31] [System:let Warning]   : RCON connection failed, console write unavailable.
[16:08:05] [System:let Activity]  : Starting the application.
[16:35:36] [System:let Warning]   : RCON connection failed, console write unavailable.
[16:38:28] [System:let Activity]  : Downloaded file 376030/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/GameUserSettings.ini (API mode)
[16:39:15] [System:let Activity]  : Uploaded file 376030/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/GameUserSettings.ini (API mode)
[16:39:21] [System:let Activity]  : Starting the application.
[16:45:30] [API:let Activity]     : Protected setting ARKModule.ServerSettings.ServerAdminPassword changed.
[16:45:32] [API:let Activity]     : Protected setting ARKModule.ServerSettings.ServerAdminPassword changed.
[16:45:50] [System:let Activity]  : Starting the application.
[16:47:53] [System:let Activity]  : Downloaded file 376030/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/GameUserSettings.ini (API mode)

Unfortunately the game server logs do not show as being saved regardless of restart/start/shutdown.

Steps to reproduce:

Stop instance running 247.1
Use AMP built-in “update” option within instance to run update.
Verify update to Server Version 348.2
After successful update, attempt to start game server.

Actions taken to resolve so far:

Verified Server update both with AMP and ASM (ARK Server Manager)
Confirmed that servers are live by both RCon verification and in-game joining
Reviewed any .ini changes that would prevent the game to post
Restart entire server

ive had this problem a few times too and i had to restart the entire server for it to register again that it had started

Yeah, it seems to be a recent development, even after re-verifying everything on Steam side as well as “repairing” the install on the Windows server side. @Maybz87, if you are still having the issue can you check if you restart that instance, does it recognize it again?

It would seem restarting either the specific instance, or the entire AMP service will start collecting the information again and register the “active” server.

Strange thing is, the server is live, I can RCON to it, play on it and do everything you normally would. The BIG problem is that it does not seem to save AT ALL during this “unrecognized” live state. So if you have people on for a couple of hours, realize and then abort, restart everything and then restart the server, you lose all the progress that was made during that “unrecognized” state.

Yep I just restarted the instance this time and it fixes it as well.
yea i can still connect and play on the server when it says its still starting, i just save the world in game before restarting it to be safe