Application Deployment - Newly created users cannot login

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Linux - Ubuntu 20.04.6 on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.8.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization QEMU_KVM
Application Application Deployment
Module ADSModule
Running in Container No
Current State Indeterminate

Task

Trying to create a new user with restricted access to specific instances

Problem Description

Issue

Newly created AMP dashboard users are unable to login. No matter the permission level, login is not possible. Login was attempted with 3 different browsers in incognito windows (one of the two browsers was never used in the past to access AMP URL).

Reproduction Steps

• In the ADS instance under configuration created new role
  • Afterwards created a new user
  • Adjusted new user configuration and assigned it newly created role
  • Attempted to login with the new user

Was the password used on the new accounts ‘good’? I noticed a similar issue setting up accounts where a ‘poor’ or easy password didn’t actually work… Wondering if there’s a password complexity requirement.

I am aware that in some applications this might be the case and I did not want to try out, thinking “there’s no way something as silly as that would be the issue on AMP” … aaand yeah. It was exactly that.

Here are the 3 test users I created, including their login passwords:

test1
'wTDK#[7JM.c=h?+

test2
uzmMv<ZjZAIR@-1PP=.-

test3
1rUt2bJVcKsu

Only second one (“test2”) worked, out of 3.

What boggles my mind is that after so many years of development, there’s no prompt or error and AMP simply lets you use a password which it will later not accept.

Don’t get me wrong, I like AMP, but I think there should be a bit more focus placed on quality of life features and ease of debugging.

Either way, thanks " teamRAVEGREEN" for your hint.

Glad you got it working, but I have to say I’m surprised test1 didn’t work too. The passwords I used (got away with) were considerably less complex, but used all (4) character types.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.