Application Deployment - Cannot manage instance after upgrading to v2.4.7 build 31/12/2023

System Information

Field Value
Operating System Windows - Windows 10 Home on x86_64
Product AMP ‘Decadeus’ v2.4.7.0 (Mainline)
Virtualization None
Application Application Deployment
Module ADSModule
Running in Container No
Current State Indeterminate

Task

Manage Game Instance

Problem Description

Issue

I click on the “Manage” button and the instance flashes as normal but the UI never switches to the instance management UI, it stays on the main menu and the instance quits flashing. The audit log shows that it got a login token and managed the instance but that does not happen visually. The instance is up-and-running and I can connect to it just fine. Any suggestions to enable the management UI again would be most welcome.

Reproduction Steps

• Upgraded AMP
  • Upgraded Instance
  • Rebooted Machine
  • Re-launched AMP UI
  • Clicked Manage button for instance

Are all your instances up-to-date?

I only have the one instance, and yes, it should be I’ve tried the “update” on the instance a few times now. Proceeds without error, still won’t let me manage it. It doesn’t give any error message, it just blinks and then quits blinking.

A brief “Waiting for 127.0.0.1” shows up at the bottom-left, and then disappears.

After further digging, I found this buried at the end of the amp log:

[22:53:17] [Core Warning] : Returned exception from API call Core/GetAPISpec
[22:53:17] [Core Error] : MissingMethodException
[22:53:17] [Core Error] : [0] (MissingMethodException) : Method not found: ‘Boolean ModuleShared.Extensions.IsComplexType(System.Type)’.
[22:53:17] [Core Error] : at GSMyAdmin.WebMethodsBaseExtensions.‍‎‭​‌‫‬‫‏‪‌‪​‬‌‎‬‫​‪‬‮(Type )
at GSMyAdmin.WebMethodsBaseExtensions.GetMethodList(WebMethodsBase wmb, Boolean AnonymousOnly)
at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.LocalWebServer.<>c__DisplayClass48_0.b__1(KeyValuePair2 kvp) at Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 keySelector, Func2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.LocalWebServer.GetAllModuleSpecs(Boolean AnonymousOnly)
at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.WebAttributes.()
at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.APIService.()

1 Like

Those steps solved the problem, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.