"An anti-virus package on the system has blocked AMP from starting."

OS Name/Version: Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)

Product Name/Version: AMP Release “Triton” v20220727.1, built 27/07/2022 03:00

Problem Description:
Since updating, this message is showing up when starting the main module. All instances except one stopped working. Reactivating failed while telling me an anti-virus program is blocking access to amp.exe, of the specified instances I suppose. Last log of the failing instances tells me to reactivate them, which doesn’t work.

Thing is: My anti-virus got an exception for both the folder where the instances are stored and the folder which contains the AMP instance manager. Also there’s still this one working instance.

Steps to reproduce:
Update.

Actions taken to resolve so far:
Removed and re-added the exceptions in Avast, tried to reactivate the instances, to no avail.

I solved it.
I had to make new instances and had to transfer the settings one by one, even had to get settings from different files since some instances didn’t start anymore at all, but that fixed it at least.

A word of advice. Don’t use any antivirus other than the build in Microsoft Security. It ranks as one of the highest in recent years and handles the protection much better since it’s so engrained. Plus there are no ads which I believe the one your using introduced at some point. Could be misremembering there though.