Ampinstmgr Unhandled Exception with System.Net.Http

OS Name/Version: Windows 10 Pro Build 19045

Product Name/Version: AMP Instance Manager v2.4.3 built 14/03/2023 23:16

Problem Description:
I’ve been trying to update AMP to 2.4.3. When I click the “Update” button in the web interface it simply stops responding, no matter how long I wait.
So I tried the CLI, and I get an unhandled exception there.
When I tried “ampinstmgr updateall” in the powershell I get the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at InstanceManagerPlugin.LocalInstanceManager..ctor(ILogger log, IAuditLog audit, IPlatformInfo platformInfo, IRunningTasksManager tasks, IFeatureManager features, IAuthenticationProvider auth, IAMPInstanceInfo instance)
   at InstanceManagerCLI.Core.<Run>d__41.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at InstanceManagerCLI.Program.<Main>()

Searching for this kind of error returns issues with library bindings when compiling the project.
I don’t think I can fix this as an end user.

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1: run ampinstmgr in command line

Actions taken to resolve so far:
-Repaired amp manager with installer
-uninstalled and Reinstalled amp manager with the latest installer
Installed .Net Framework 4.8.1 ( 4.8 Already installed )

I have a similar issue. The instance updated, amp manager will not and the instance will not launch since there’s a version mismatch.

I get the same output when attempting ampinstmgr -updateall.

I’ll be watching this thread.

I still have the issue but managed to update AMP using the gui while the main ADS Instance is stopped or restarting. When the ADS instance is not running, we get a popup that asks if we want to start it.

1- Stop or restart ADS.
2- run instancemanager.exe
3- click no.
4- right-click the ADS instance
5- Click update

There’s probably a way to open instancemanager.exe without stopping ADS that I’m unaware of. I’ve only been using AMP for 2 months for personal use.

I got my instance management page by right clicking the instance and opening it in a new tab. From there I was able to fire my server back up.

I am still unable to update to 2.4.3.

Just happy to get my server going again though :smiley:.

Try installing 4.7.1 specifically, see if that sorts it?

I was unable to specifically install 4.7.1 as it was already installled. Is it safe to uninstall .net frameworks?

Looks like a duplicate of Unable to update to 2.4.3 - #9 by Mike
A solution was there provided.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.