AMP won't accept the format for my McMyAdmin2 license

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

Make sure you search before posting! Duplicate posts for the same issue may not be answered.

OS Name/Version: Windows 10 Home

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’) AMPService 2.5.0.4

Problem Description:

I have an McMyAdmin2 license but when I enter it in ‘New Instance Defaults’ and hit ‘Reactivate Local Instances’ it errors with “Reactivate Local Instances failed: The supplied licence key was not in the correct format.”

If I just press return it says “Setting Saved”. But then when I create an Instance, selecting ‘McMyAdmin 3 (MCMA2 Licence Keys Only)’ it errors with “Failed to create instance The AMP key specified in the configuration is in an incorrect format. Please go to Configuration > New Instance Defaults and re-enter your AMP licence key in the ‘Licence Key’ setting.”

If you're sharing console output, logs, or commands you have run, please make sure to use code tags 
(3x backticks for blocks, 1x backtick for a single line) to help make posts readable. This also
provides syntax highlighting.

Steps to reproduce:
See above

• Step 1
  • Step 2
  • Step 3

Actions taken to resolve so far:

The licence I have is in the following format:
emailaddress@yahoo.com:PRnn-nnnn-nnnn-nnnn-nnnn

where emailaddress is my name and the ‘n’ are digit numbers.

I have tried entering it both with “emailaddress@yahoo.com:” at the beginning and without, just putting “PRnn-nnnn-nnnn-nnnn-nnnn”

It errors saying wrong format no matter what.

Please can you advise.

EDITED TO ADD

I just tried logging out and back into AMP. Upon logging in I got a message saying the licence is wrong, but this time it gave ‘Advanced Details’

“Licence key was wrong length. Expected between 32 and 36 or 0, got 49”

Ignoring the email address the licence I was give is only 24 characters long.

I have found the original email when I purchased the licence, dated Sat, 18 Jun 2011 at 02:05 and I have right licence:

Dear User,

Thank you for purchacing your copy of McMyAdmin professional!

Your licence key is:

emailaddress@yahoo.com:PRnn-nnnn-nnnn-nnnn-nnnn

Simply add this to the appropriate section of your McMyAdmin configuration file.

Regards, PhonicUK