Problem Description:
After upgrading ADS to version 2.3.2.0 it fails to start with this error

[Error] --- Begin Exception Data ---
[Error] OS: Linux (x86_64/None)
[Error] Module: ADSModule, Version: AMP 2.3.2.0
[Error] Release spec: Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
[Error] Instance ID: 56cc8046-466e-4166-8aff-a2449f9c1193
[Error] ArgumentException
[Error] [0] (ArgumentException) : An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 0
[Error]   at Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior)
  at Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value)
  at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.WebMethods.BuildSettingSpec ()
  at (wrapper synchronized) GSMyAdmin.WebServer.WebMethods.BuildSettingSpec()
  at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.APIService.AddCoreModule ()
  at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.LocalWebServer.Start ()
  at GSMyAdmin.Core.Run ()
  at GSMyAdmin.Program.Main ()
[Error] --- End Exception Data ---
[Warning] Last error was raised less than 60 minutes ago, error report will not be submitted.

After downgrade it works fine again.

1 Like

Getting the same issue after upgrade.

[12:20:38] [ErrorReporter Error]  : [Error] --- Begin Exception Data ---
[Error] OS: Linux (x86_64/None)
[Error] Module: ADSModule, Version: AMP 2.3.2.0
[Error] Release spec: Release - built by CUBECODERS/buildbot on CCL-DEV
[Error] Instance ID: 0ab6df23-4e97-42fc-b7ee-780879163b31
[Error] ArgumentException
[Error] [0] (ArgumentException) : An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 0
[Error]   at Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) 
  at Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) 
  at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.WebMethods.BuildSettingSpec () 
  at (wrapper synchronized) GSMyAdmin.WebServer.WebMethods.BuildSettingSpec()
  at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.APIService.AddCoreModule () 
  at GSMyAdmin.WebServer.LocalWebServer.Start () 
  at GSMyAdmin.Core.Run () 
  at GSMyAdmin.Program.Main () 
[Error] --- End Exception Data ---
[Warning] Last error was raised less than 60 minutes ago, error report will not be submitted.

[12:20:38] [ErrorReporter Info]   : ####################################
[12:20:38] [ErrorReporter Info]   : #         Self Diagnostics         #
[12:20:38] [ErrorReporter Info]   : ####################################
[12:20:38] [ErrorReporter Info]   : AMP Diagnostics could not establish a solution for this exception.
1 Like

Same here, only difference in the error message is
if this matters in any way.

Out of curiosity, @Klas_Bergstrom, how did you downgrade your AMP installation?

Cheers,
Griefed

I still had the cache file for 2310 (AMPCache-2310.zip), just unzipped it in ads folder and overwrote. I know it’s not recommended to downgrade but I was curious to know if downgrading would help.

1 Like

I was able to fix it with this.

Stop all AMP instances; Run ‘ampinstmgr --nocache upgradeall’; Reboot (Do not skip this!)

The page does not exist anymore but i got it from this.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2WXiNkOMPQQJ:https://support.cubecoders.com/thread/can-t-log-into-amp-after-update/+&cd=13&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-b-1-d

1 Like

I can confirm that @FeminalPanda’s solution worked for me.

Running
ampinstmgr --nocache --UpgradeAll
followed by a reboot of the machine fixed it. I ran the UpgradeAll command before coming here, but I didn’t reboot. So I guess the reboot is somewhat crucial here. :smiley:

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I ran the same command before i searched and found this post. Not sure if reboot mattered more then the nocache.

I tried --nocache before as well, but no dice. Only after rebooting did AMP come back to life.

Question, are you able to manage a new instance since the upgrade, i have tried two different games, zomboid and craftiopa and get an error.

"AMP was unable to reach its backend at https:///?remote=1c962997-aaed-40eb-b83a-541ace4d9daf

This probably means that AMP is not running and you are currently looking at a cached page. Please check that AMP is running. This page will refresh automatically in 5 seconds."

Current instances are fine though.

I’ve created a brand new Craftopia instance just now. I can manage it just fine. No error on my end.

OK. So i tried upgrade --nocache before creating this post but forgot to mention it and it didn’t work. I tried again just now, but only upgrade ads with nocache and reboot(this shouldn’t matter) but to no avail. But, third time is the charm(?) I did nocache upgradeall reboot. And now ADS works fine? Whyyyyy the reboot tho? IMO rebooting should NOT be required. at. all… ever.

Windows has a habit of caching assemblies even if AMP tells it not to, so occasionally a restart is required after doing certain types of updates. If you’re on Linux you probably just got caught the other side of a silent update.

1 Like

A silent update? As in the OS updates itself? I actually did a an update and rebooted before updating amp.

Occasionally AMP gets an update that doesn’t result in a version number bump, usually happens if there’s some minor issue shortly after release. So a ampinstmgr --nocache upgrade is required to get that update since it’d have the same version number.

2 Likes