Wrong owner for instances

OS Name/Version: Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit)

Product Name/Version: AMP Release “Triton”, v20220701.1, built 01/07/2022 03:00

Problem Description:
I wanted to start an instance, but AMP keeps telling me this instance belongs to “”, aka an empty string, which is why it cannot be started. This happens for all of my instances.

Steps to reproduce:
Update to the aforementioned build, also update the instances (to 2.4.0 I think).

Actions taken to resolve so far:

• Restarted the main module
  • Updated all instances (including the main module) again
  • Restarted the computer
  • Reactivated all instances (which was also impossible due to a bug for a while, but that one did get fixed through a second restart)
  • Updated ampinstmgr

Try running ampinstmgr repair. Then restart AMP. If that doesn’t work, you may need to manually add Network Service as the User for each in the instances json in the datastore root folder. Assuming you’re running AMP as a service.

ampinstmgr repair gave me the output “No instances to import.”, so since I’m indeed running AMP as a service, I’ll try to add the Network Service User to the json, hopefully that’ll work. Thanks for the quick reply!

Edit: Wait… do I put that user into created by? If so: How do I get that lengthy hex-code from the Network Service user?

No hex code. In the part that says User just put NETWORK SERVICE

I see, sorry, I read over it since the user for all instances was a legit null-value, should’ve seen it though since the user for the main instance was not. It’s working now, thank you very much!