ValheimPlus - Mod Not Installing/Working via AMP

OS Name/Version: Windows Server 2019 - 1809

Product Name/Version:

AMP Release “Triton” v2.3.3.4
ValheimPlus 0.9.9.8

Problem Description: Using the ‘Create Instance’ wizard in AMP to create a new ValheimPlus instance, it appears that the ValheimPlus mod is not actually installing properly as the wizard suggests it should.

I go through the steps to update the server, settings are correct, run the server, etc. I even see AMP download the WindowsServer.zip compressed file for the ValheimPlus mod into AMPDatastore > instances > [instance name] > Valheim, but it never appears to get extracted or do anything beyond that. The server just stays on vanilla Valheim without the mod, even with server reboots, etc.

Steps to reproduce:

• Use ‘Create Instance’ wizard and select ValheimPlus and create.
  • Update Valheim to kick off the download of the server and get everything in place
  • Configure server settings
  • Start server
  • Observe WindowsServer.zip appearing in “.\AMPDatastore\Instances\TestingValheimPlus\Valheim”
  • Restart server
  • Server runs vanilla Valheim, start/stop/updating does no change to get the mod running. ValheimPlus documentation shows the version shown in server console should reflect ValheimPlus version of 0.9.9.8, but instead it shows the vanilla server version.

====================

I’ve tried manually extracting the WindowsServer.zip contents into .\AMPDatastore\Instances\TestingValheimPlus\Valheim\896660 where the server files live per the mod installation instructions, but this still doesn’t load the mod. When starting the server after attempting this, I do get some new errors in the server console though as shown below:

Mono path[0] = 'C:/AMPDatastore/Instances/TestingValheimPlus/Valheim/896660/valheim_server_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = 'C:/AMPDatastore/Instances/TestingValheimPlus/Valheim/896660/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
15:25:13
Fallback handler could not load library C:/AMPDatastore/Instances/TestingValheimPlus/Valheim/896660/valheim_server_Data/Mono/lib/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib
Fallback handler could not load library C:/AMPDatastore/Instances/TestingValheimPlus/Valheim/896660/valheim_server_Data/Mono/lib/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/AMPDatastore/Instances/TestingValheimPlus/Valheim/896660/valheim_server_Data/Mono/lib/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib
Fallback handler could not load library C:/AMPDatastore/Instances/TestingValheimPlus/Valheim/896660/valheim_server_Data/Mono/libc.so.6
Fallback handler could not load library C:/AMPDatastore/Instances/TestingValheimPlus/Valheim/896660/valheim_server_Data/Mono/libc.so.6.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/AMPDatastore/Instances/TestingValheimPlus/Valheim/896660/valheim_server_Data/Mono/libc.so.6

I’ve only seen one spot on Google result that references the above, and it’s from an archived thread at the old CubeCoders forums, but the suggested fix does not change anything for me, which is somewhat expected since that refers to Unix, not Windows.

Any thoughts or experiences so far on what might be going wrong and why the mod isn’t running? I’m not sure where those missing libraries are or how to get them in the right place/loaded.

1 Like

Having same issue. Any fixes?

Don’t grave-dig old posts please, this thread is 8 months old. Make a new post as this may no longer be relevant.