Unable to re-activate License

OS Name/Version: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter

Product Name/Version: 2.4.0.4

Problem Description:
Hi, I’d been using AMP on a Ubuntu server VM for maybe a year now however, I recently had a failure of my server and have had to re-build from scratch.

I’ve chosen to go with Windows this time as there were a few windows only games I wanted to try out, plus the latest update to run Linux games within Docker containers made it a no brainer.

However, I’ve built the new server, installed AMP, applied my license but I cannot start any instances, Looking into the logs, it’s because the key needs re-activating however, when I try and do this, I get the below error:

[Info] Checking licence key...
[Info] Licence Type:  AMP Network Standard
[Info] Current Usage: 1
[Info] Reactivating instance Burtys-Valheim01...
[Error] Couldn't reconfigure the instance: AMP configuration failed with return code -2146232797
[Info] Retrying, attempt 1\5...
[Error] Couldn't reconfigure the instance: AMP configuration failed with return code -2146232797
[Info] Retrying, attempt 2\5...
[Info] Retrying, attempt 3\5...
[Info] Retrying, attempt 4\5...

I have no idea what to do from here, I logged in to manage my license and requested a resend which hasn’t help.

Anyone able to help me out?

That’s one of the commands that need to be “Run as Administrator”. At least that way it worked for me

Ignore me, figured it out, even though I was running everything as a separate AMP user, the datastore the instance was stored on had decided that the new AMP user didn’t have permission to it.

Thanks for the tip though, I’ll have to keep that in mind if it happens again :slight_smile: