Having a hard time with server Lag

OS Name/Version: Win 10 Pro

Product Name/Version: (Always use the full version number - not ‘Latest’)

OS Windows
Platform Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
System Type x86_64
Virtualization Xen
Module ADSModule
Loaded Plugins FileManagerPlugin, EmailSenderPlugin, WebRequestPlugin, LocalFileBackupPlugin, CommonCorePlugin
Application Name AMPService
Application Version 2.3.2.4
Release Stream Release
Build Date 22/02/2022 10:57
InstanceID 7c66f42f-33fb-4fe0-aac6-a84ca968964e
Last Executable E:\AMPDatastore\Instances\MineCraft-LabCity\AMP.exe
Last Arguments +Core.Webserver.Port 8082 +Core.Webserver.IPBinding 127.0.0.1 +FileManagerPlugin.SFTP.SFTPPortNumber 2225 +MinecraftModule.Minecraft.PortNumber 19134
Last Process ID 9092

Problem Description:
I’m running my server on a ProxMox Cluster with 64GB of ram and 4 Cores allocated to the VM.
The resource monitor never shows more that say 40% usage, and a minimal amount of RAM is being used.
After i get 4 or 5 users on there, the Mobs stop spawning, travel on the Railways gets choppy and slow, and the users are complaining about really bad Lag.

I’ve been experimenting with the Amount of Ram, and added more cores, but it doesn’t improve, after more than 4 users play for 2o mins of so i have to do a server reboot to correct the Lag.

My Internet access is Fiber and is running 50 up / 50 down… little latency.

What am i Missing?

If you're sharing console output, logs, or commands you have run, please make sure to use code tags 
(3x backticks for blocks, 1x backtick for a single line) to help make posts readable. This also
provides syntax highlighting.

Steps to reproduce:

• Step 1
  • Step 2
  • Step 3

Actions taken to resolve so far:

Is console spitting out errors? What is the TPS of the server? How much memory did you allocate to the heap? We need more information to be able to help you.

No there’s no errors from the console. 32 GB of memory allocated to this instance.

I can’t seem to find anyway to check TPS on this vanilla server, is there something build into AMP?

wait you allocated 32GB of heap to java… thats not something you should be doing. You are making the garbage collector work overtime. Only allocate as much as you need. Allocating more than you need has no effect

what game are you hosting?
can you also share your hardware specs?

It has nothing to do with hardware. it has to do with the fact that you are overloading the garbage collection. the choppy hitching is most likely due to the garbage collection freeing up large amounts of memory. The hitching might get worse over time in my experience and that might be the problem you are having. Thought this usually only applies if you are using a modded server. make sure the server restarts every once in a while.

To fully rule out AMP being the issue. create a fresh instance and try it there.

Minecraft Bedrock, on Win 10 Pro.

Its hosted on a Proxmox Cluster. The Node it’s hosted on it a s16 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz Dell Server with 128GB of RAM, WAY more that what is required…

Try fully rule out AMP being the issue. create a fresh instance and try it there.

How much RAM should i be using for 1 Bedrock instance that normally has 10 players on it?

depends on how many players there are. the more players = the more of the map that is loaded in. just create a fresh instance and see if your players get the same hitching/lag