Console Scrollback Period Doesn't Work as Expected

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 20.04

Product Name/Version: 2.3.2.10

Problem Description:

I have Console Scrollback Period set to 1440 minutes, but it seems I only get about 10 minutes of scrollback buffer when logging in and selecting Console.

Is this a known bug?

Having the same issue, I did set 1440 min also.
I can see a bit more logs than before (10min) but only around 2h30

v2.3.2.12
Debian 10

How long has AMP been running for? It doesn’t show you anything from before the current session started.

In my case, the AMP instance has run for 2 weeks, though there have been a few restarts and one upgrade. But other than maintenance, the instance runs 24h. I have never seen more than 10 minutes of logs in the console at any time when connecting, even when the instance has been very active. All logs are available in the AMP_Logs/ subdir, but just not scrollback in the console.

Ah, there’s currently a hard-coded limit of 40 entries of scrollback regardless of the time period. I’ll take a look at how to manage it because the limit was because of memory usage.

2 Likes