AMP Instance Manager Not Starting

OS Name/Version: Windows 11, Build 2261.1555

Product Name/Version: Latest download available via the install section of the site.

Problem Description: AMP Instance Manager will not start. Attempting to launch it results in the busy mouse icon for a moment, and then nothing. I see a process start in task manager, but it closes out within five to ten seconds. All pre-reqs appear to be installed.

Found the below in Event Viewer:

Application: InstanceManager.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at InstanceManagerPlugin.LocalInstanceManager..ctor(ModuleShared.ILogger, ModuleShared.IAuditLog, ModuleShared.IPlatformInfo, ModuleShared.IRunningTasksManager, ModuleShared.IFeatureManager, GSMyAdmin.Authentication.IAuthenticationProvider, ModuleShared.IAMPInstanceInfo)
   at Installer.ViewModels.InstanceListVM..ctor(ModuleShared.ILogger, ModuleShared.IAuditLog, ModuleShared.IPlatformInfo)
   at Installer.MainWindow..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at Installer.App.Main()

Faulting application name: InstanceManager.exe, version: 2.4.3.6, time stamp: 0x6457860e
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1555, time stamp: 0x235a45d0
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000008fdec
Faulting process id: 0x0x8EC
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9811755EBA6CA
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\CubeCoders Limited\AMP\InstanceManager.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 9e5df38f-16d7-40c5-8638-553cd5ddcfa1
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Steps to reproduce:

• Install AMP on Windows
  • Attempt to run Instance Manager
  • Nothing occurs.

Actions taken to resolve so far: Unable to locate an error log or force an error message to appear. I’ve repair, restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted. Nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Hello, I also had the same problem. I had to re-install the old version before this one. Because I couldn’t get into the panel. It always showed “Connection refused”. I am also waiting for possible solutions.

Hey both - this is caused by Windows caching assemblies (despite AMP telling it not to)

This KB article applies and will resolve the issue: Something not working on Windows? Try the following: - Docs - CubeCoders Support

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! Followed the steps as outlined in the KB article, but the issue persists. Same error in event viewer. Any other suggestions?

One moment while I investigate please. Just testing on a blank Windows VM.

I have identified the issue and am preparing a new MSI file.

If you fetch a new copy of AMPSetup.msi and reinstall it, the issue has been resolved. It was a minor assembly binding issue. (A restart may be required)

Uninstalled, restarted, fetched a new copy, installed and restarted. Still not launching. Checked the error logs and seeing that they’ve changed, I think. Unsure if it might be my end. Should I spin up a new VM to check?

Application: InstanceManager.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileLoadException

Exception Info: System.IO.FileLoadException
   at Installer.ViewModel.ViewModelLocator..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
   at Installer.App.Main()

Could you try deleting InstanceManager.exe.config and see if that allows it to start up?

No dice, same error in Event Viewer as well.

I’ve found the issue, just rebuilding now

Okay if you get a fresh copy, now it works :smiley:

Note - If you do not fill in every section below, your post won’t be answered - you must provide the steps you have followed so far and the actions you’ve already taken. Make sure to remove this notice from your post too.

OS Name/Version: Windows Server 2019 Standard

Product Name/Version: AMP Latest download file (08-05-2023)

Problem Description:

Followed the guidelines from the official website. Even have a different username named AMP. Gave the correct permissions and im able to install all the files needed so far. Installed the complete version. From there I even restarted the server. But nothing helped.

Ive scrolled through the forums and on youtube to see what i can do. Even reinstalled the amp program. No luck at all.

At this moment I haven no idea what I can do anymore

No logs nothing, program wont even start.

Uninstall and grab a fresh copy - there was an issue with the build getting the wrong library versions. It’s been sorted since :slight_smile:

That did the trick! Thank you so much!

Please do not reply to closed topics, open a new topic if you have a question.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.